Tofu Lettuce Wraps
Tofu Lettuce Wraps make for a delicious lunch, appetizer, or party dish. This tasty recipe can be served with the tofu fresh and hot or cold after being cooked. You may also use this recipe for a tortilla wrap or try wrapping in rice paper for a spring roll.
Serves: 5 Prep: 30 minutes – 1 Hour Cook Time: 15 minutes
Tofu Lettuce Wraps
- 1 block extra firm tofu, pressed
- 3 Tbs soy sauce
- 2 Tbs nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2-3 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 medium carrot, thinly julienned
- 2 Tbs rice vinegar
- 1 tsp sesame oil (plus extra for cooking)
- 1 large head lettuce, rinsed and leaves separated
- 1/2 cup vegan mayo
- 1 1/2 Tbs sriracha
- 1/2 Tbs soy sauce
- Cut the tofu in equal size rectangular strips, wrap in paper towels, and press the tofu for at least 30 minutes to an hour, weighing it down with a skillet or cookbooks on top of a cutting board.
- While the tofu presses, prepare the carrots, cucumber, and radish and place in a bowl with the sesame oil, rice vinegar, and a splash of soy sauce. Top with sesame seeds and set aside in the refrigerator to chill.
- Then, prepare the spicy mayo and set aside.
- Drain excess liquid from the tofu.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the soy sauce, nutritional yeast, and seasonings.
- In a large skillet, heat about 1 Tbs sesame oil. Once hot, add the tofu and cook for about 2-3 minutes and then flip.
- Transfer tofu to a plate or tray lined with a paper towel to dry excess oil.
- Plate the tofu on a large lettuce leaf and top with marinated vegetables and mayo dressing.
- Serve and enjoy!
If you’re looking for even more tasty recipes, keep browsing around Hearty At Home! And don’t forget to share your favorite recipes with your friends, family, and loved ones.
For instance, if you find a recipe you like, pin it to your dinner inspiration board!