Watermelon Salsa is the perfect balance of spice, salt, and sweet and is absolutely divine in the summer. Much like a pineapple or mango salsa, this recipe for watermelon salsa has a lot of different uses to add a dynamic and fresh twist to a dish or serve as an appetizer to guests.
- 4 cups watermelon, small dice
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves, minced
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp black pepper or cayenne pepper
- Optional: 1 small jalapeño, diced
- Breakdown your watermelon and set aside 4 cups. Chop the watermelon into a small dice and add to a mixing bowl.
- Add in the diced onion (and jalapeño if desired).
- Mix in the mint leaves and cilantro, you may adjust these amounts to your taste.
- Add in the seasoning.
- Mix the ingredients together well.
- Transfer the salsa to a container with a sealable lid.
- Place the salsa in the refrigerator and allow it to cool for 15-25 minutes before serving.
- Serve with chips or as a side with fajitas, beans, and rice, or serve on a salad with cooked black beans.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
If you’re looking for even more tasty recipes, keep browsing around Hearty At Home! And don’t forget to share your favorite recipes with your friends, family, and loved ones.
For instance, if you find a recipe you like, pin it to your dinner inspiration board!