Steamed Cabbage is a delicious and easy side dish to add to any meal. Try it with beans and rice or a protein. For a larger batch, simply double the recipe below.
Serves: 3-4 Time: 15-20 minutes
- 1/2 head of cabbage, thinly sliced and chopped
- 1/2 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 medium carrot, shredded or thinly julienned
- 2-3 green onions, bulbs removed
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- 1 Tbs white vinegar
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- Begin by preparing all your vegetables.
- In a medium skillet, set heat to medium-high.
- Once hot, heat oil and sauté onion and bell pepper. Cook for about 4-5 minutes.
- Next, add the carrot, cabbage, and green onion, stir for another 5 minutes.
- Add in the seasonings and stir for one minute.
- Deglaze the pan by adding the white vinegar and stirring the bottom, loosening any seasoning stuck to the pan.
- Add the vegetable broth, reduce heat to medium-low and cover the skillet with a lid, steaming for about 5-7 minutes or until the cabbage is softened and vegetables are tender.
- Taste and adjust seasoning before serving.
If you’re looking for even more tasty recipes, keep browsing around Hearty At Home! And don’t forget to share your favorite recipes with your friends, family, and loved ones.
For instance, if you find a recipe you like, pin it to your dinner inspiration board!
We share our recipes and recipe videos on Pinterest, Yummly, Youtube, Vimeo, and Facebook