Vegan Quesadillas are the perfect power lunch, appetizer, or entree if you’re low on time but need a bite to eat. These are super easy to prepare and are a great dairy-free option for those who are allergic to dairy.
Serves: 4-6 Time: 20-30 minutes
- 1 cup vegan cheddar cheese
- 1 can black beans, drained & rinsed
- 1/2 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 small zucchini, thinly julienned
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Salt & black pepper to taste
- Olive oil
- 3-6 Flour tortillas
- Prepare your vegetables and drain the beans.
- In a skillet, on high heat pour a dab of olive oil.
- Once hot, begin sauteing your onion, bell pepper, and zucchini. Stir for about 5 minutes.
- Then, add in the black beans, chili powder, garlic powder, and a pinch of salt and black pepper.
- Cook for about another 5 minutes or until vegetables are softened.
- Remove vegetables from heat.
- Then, in a small skillet set heat to medium high and lightly grease with a bit of olive oil.
- Place a tortilla on the skillet and sprinkle some cheese on one side, then add a thin layer or the beans and vegetables. Top with a small layer of cilantro and cheese.
- Fold the tortilla over and cook for about 2-3 minutes or until the bottom is lightly crisp and starting to brown.
- Flip and cook the other side until crisp and lightly browned.
- Repeat the previous three steps to your heart’s content. Or until you run out of veggies.
- Cut the quesadillas in half, serve & enjoy.
- You can freeze leftovers for up to 2-3 weeks and reheat in the microwave or stove later.
If you’re looking for even more tasty recipes, keep browsing around Hearty At Home! And don’t forget to share your favorite recipes with your friends, family, and loved ones.
For instance, if you find a recipe you like, pin it to your dinner inspiration board!