Baba Ganoush is an irresistibly delicious dip made with roasted eggplant. Hummus doesn’t hold a candle to the rich & creamy flavor of baba ganoush! Make this dip as an appetizer or side for a get-together, it’s sure to be a crowd favorite. Serve alongside pita and vegetable crudité.
Serves: 8-10 Time: 65 minutes
- 2 lbs medium eggplants
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/3 cup olive oil, plus extra
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled & minced
- 2-3 Tbs lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 3/4 tsp salt, or to taste
- For garnish: a dash of paprika, a drizzle of olive oil, olives, and minced flatleaf parsley
- Begin by preheating the oven to 450ºF.
- Then, line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a nonstick slip baking pad
- Next, halve the eggplants down its length and brush the interior (cut) sides lightly with olive oil.
- Place the eggplant in the prepared pan with the cut sides down and place them in the oven.
- Roast eggplant for about 35-40 minutes, until the cut side is tender.
- Once cooked, remove the eggplant from the oven and allow it to cool. Once cool, flip the eggplant and scoop out the interior into a mesh strainer over a mixing bowl, and discard the skin.
- In the strainer, pick out any excess eggplant skin and use the back of a spoon to push out excess moisture. Then, allow the eggplant to rest for a few minutes in the strainer, draining any additional moisture.
- Empty out the bowl underneath the strainer and wipe it out. Then transfer the drained eggplant into the bowl. Mix in the garlic and lemon juice to the eggplant and stir with a fork or whisk until the eggplant is thoroughly combined and has softened.
- Next, add the tahini and stir. While stirring, slowly drizzle in the olive oil.
- Continue to stir until the mixture is pale and creamy, and use a fork to break up any leftover chunks of eggplant.
- Season with salt and cumin. Taste and adjust seasoning as desired, such as more salt or lemon juice for a more tart dip.
- Transfer the baba ganoush to a serving bowl and top with a light drizzle of olive oil, olives, parsley, and paprika. Serve and enjoy!
Store leftovers in the refrigerator in an airtight container for 3-4 days.
If you’re looking for even more tasty recipes, keep browsing around Hearty At Home! And don’t forget to share your favorite recipes with your friends, family, and loved ones.
For instance, if you find a recipe you like, pin it to your dinner inspiration board!