Pumpkin Bread, the scrumptious signifier of Fall! This is about as classic as it gets and it’s an easy recipe to kick-off your fall baking. Top your pumpkin bread with cranberries, almonds, walnuts, or pepitas (raw pumpkin seeds). We’ve also included ingredients so you can make this bread vegan or non-vegan. Serve this delicious loaf with friends and family over a warm cup of coffee, tea, or hot chocolate!
- 1/3 cup butter or vegan butter, room temperatures
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbs pumpkin spice
- 1 egg or 1 flax egg
- 1/2 cup sweetener (organic sugar, agave nectar, or unsweetened applesauce)
- 1/3 cup milk or non-dairy milk
- 1 (15 oz) can pumpkin
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- Optional toppings: dried cranberries, chopped walnuts or almonds, pepitas
- Begin by preheating your oven to 350ºF
- Prepare a loaf baking pan by spraying it lightly with cooking oil, rubbing out any excess with a paper towel.
- Then, in a large bowl whisk together the butter, sweetener, vanilla extract, and egg or egg alternative.
- Combine well until smooth and thick.
- Next, whisk in the canned pumpkin and gradually add in the milk.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda.
- Gradually fold the flour mix into the wet ingredients until thoroughly combined and free of lumps. Be careful not to overmix the batter.
- Transfer the bread batter to the loaf pan and top with additional toppings if desired.
- Place in the oven and bake for 22-25 minutes or until a toothpick or knife comes out clean when pricking the center of the loaf.
- Serve and enjoy!
Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 4-5 days and reheat when serving in the microwaves for 15 seconds or in the oven at 200ºF for 10-12 minutes.
If you’re looking for even more tasty recipes, keep browsing around Hearty At Home! And don’t forget to share your favorite recipes with your friends, family, and loved ones.
For instance, if you find a recipe you like, pin it to your dinner inspiration board!