Vegan Pumpkin Curry
Serves: 5-6 Time: 45-60 minutes
Nothing says Fall like a heartwarming and hearty soup, right? Even better is a dish with a little extra spice. This Vegan Pumpkin Curry has all the flavors of Fall that we love so much while being packed with nutritious vegetables, protein, and healthy fats.
Prepare your grocery list this week to try your hand at a vegan pumpkin curry. As you’ll find it’s pretty easy to make with ingredients you can find at almost any grocery store.
Initial Sauté Mix
Vegan Pumpkin Curry
- 2 Tbs Olive Oil
- 1 Large Shallot, diced
- 1 & 1/2 inch Fresh Ginger, peeled & minced
- 3 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1 Chili Pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 2 Tbs Thai Red Chili Paste
- 1 Can Low-Fat/Lite Coconut Milk
- 1 15 oz. Can Pumpkin Puree
- 1 15 oz. Can Chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 Cup broccoli, chopped into florets
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Lime Juice
- 1-2 tsp salt or to taste
- Begin by heating the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the shallot with a pinch of salt, and stir until they start to brown, about 3-5 minutes.
- Then, add the ginger, garlic, and chili, and sauté for 30 seconds.
- Afterward, add the cinnamon, cumin, and turmeric with another pinch of salt, and cook for another 30 seconds or until fragrant.
- Stir in the Thai red curry paste and cook for 2-3 minutes until the mixture starts to stick together.
- Next, stir in the coconut milk, pumpkin puree, and chickpeas. Bring the mixture to a boil. Once boiling, reduce the heat to low, stir in the broccoli, and cover the pan. Allow it to simmer for about 10-12 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- The broccoli should be bright green and slightly tender. Stir in the lime juice and season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Serve hot over rice or a side of flatbread. Optionally top with minced cilantro and chopped cashews. Add sriracha for extra spice.
Finally, if you’re looking for even more tasty recipes, keep browsing around Hearty At Home! And don’t forget to share these recipes with your friends, family, and loved ones.
For instance, if you find a recipe you like, pin it to your dinner inspiration board!