Pan-Roasted Mushrooms & Kale
Pan-Roasted Mushrooms & Kale make for a delicious side dish or part of an entree. This dish is easy to make and we included some other sides to pair with your mushrooms & kale. While we used chestnut mushrooms, you can give it a try with oyster mushrooms, bellas, or your other favorite type of mushroom.
Serves: 3-4 Time: 45-50 minutes
Pan-Roasted Mushrooms & Kales
- 1-2 cups chestnut mushrooms
- 3 cups kale, chopped
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tbs vegan or dairy butter
- Dash of salt and pepper
- 1 cup rice
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2-3 bay leaves
- 1/2 lb. brussels sprouts, stems removed & halved
- 4-5 radishes, chopped
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground thyme & sage
- 1 tsp black pepper & salt
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- For your sides, prepare your rice in a rice cooker or stovetop pot with vegetable broth and bay leaves.
- Then, preheat the oven to 400ºF and prepare your brussels sprouts, radishes, and onion and place them in a small roasting pan tossed with olive oil, salt, black pepper, thyme, sage, and paprika. Place in the oven and roast for 25-30 minutes or until tender and slightly browned.
- For the pan-roasted mushrooms & kale, heat a large skillet (preferably cast-iron) with the vegan or dairy butter.
- Once hot, add in the mushrooms and cook on each side for about 7 minutes or until browned. Then add in the garlic.
- Cook together for another 2-3 minutes and add a dash of salt and pepper.
- Then, add in the kale and cook together on medium-high heat until the kale has browned & wilted and the mushrooms are tender.
- Serve the mushrooms and kale with the rice and roasted brussels sprouts for a full meal or as a round of sides and enjoy!
If you’re looking for even more tasty recipes, keep browsing around Hearty At Home! And don’t forget to share your favorite recipes with your friends, family, and loved ones.
For instance, if you find a recipe you like, pin it to your dinner inspiration board!