Kale Pesto Pasta
This tasty vegan recipe is fully plant-based and can be adapted for gluten-free diets by substituting the pasta. While it is optional to add all the veggies we’ve added to our recipe, you can enjoy this kale pesto on a variety of dishes or just on pasta alone!
Serves: 4-5 Prep Time: 15-20 minutes Cook Time: 20-35 minutes
Kale Pesto Pasta
- Kale Pesto
- 1 Small Eggplant, sliced
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 Bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 Yellow squash, diced
- 1 Cup White or Portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 1 can diced tomatoes, drained
- Olive Oil
- Black Pepper
- Dried Oregano
- Dried Italian Seasoning
- Prepare the eggplant with salt either on a baking sheet or in a bowl and set aside to draw out the flavor
- Prepare the kale pesto
- Once the eggplant has sat for 10-15 minutes, rinse and drain
- In a large pan, heat olive oil on high heat. Add the eggplant and begin cooking until it starts to soften.
- Add remaining vegetables, diced tomatoes, and seasoning.
- Continue to cook until the rest of the vegetables soften.
- Add half of the pesto, reduce heat to medium-low heat and cover with lid.
- In a separate pot, prepare cooking pasta.
- Once pasta is fully cooked, drain the water and add the pasta to the pan with the vegetables and pesto. Stir together. Turn off heat.
Add more pesto if desired, optionally you can top with more minced basil, nutritional yeast, or parmesan. Serve and enjoy!
This recipe can be made possible by shopping with Kitchen Aid!
Finally, if you’re looking for even more tasty recipes, keep browsing around Hearty At Home! And don’t forget to share these recipes with your friends, family, and loved ones.
For instance, if you find a recipe you like, pin it to your dinner inspiration board!