This kale pesto is super easy to make and is great for salads, toast, or sandwiches. Try it with our Kale Pesto Pasta recipe! This recipe calls for a food processor (or blender), baking trays, and using the oven. While you can substitute the kale for spinach, the roasted kale brings out a rich flavor.
- 4 cups of kale, rinsed and dried
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and whole
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp raw almonds or pine nuts
- 5-7 fresh basil leaves
- 1 tsp salt & sprinkle of black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (or 176°C)
- Remove kale from stems, rinse, dry, and shred with hands. Spread kale out onto a baking sheet
- Peel garlic cloves and add to a baking sheet
- Mix olive oil over the kale and garlic, incorporating well. Place the baking tray in the oven and bake for about 10-15 minutes or until the kale is just about crispy
- Remove tray from oven and add kale, garlic, almonds (or pine nuts), salt, pepper, and basil to a food processor or blender and blend until it is thoroughly mixed
- Store in a jar in the refrigerator for up to 1 week
Finally, if you’re looking for even more tasty recipes, keep browsing around Hearty At Home! And don’t forget to share these recipes with your friends, family, and loved ones.
For instance, if you find a recipe you like, pin it to your dinner inspiration board!