Carrot-Banana Bread is delicious and easy to make! This lightly sweet loaf can be elevated with nuts and sultanas. Try it with your morning coffee or afternoon tea. This recipe is plant-based but you can substitute for dairy butter and milk.
- 1-2 medium carrots, grated (about 3/4 cup)
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/3 cup non-dairy butter, melted
- 1 Tbs vanilla extract
- 2 Tbs nut butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- Optional add-ins: walnuts or almonds, raisins or dried cranberries
- Prepare a loaf pan by lightly greasing it with butter or canola oil and dust lightly with flour.
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- In a medium bowl, mash together the melted butter, brown sugar, vanilla, and banana.
- Then mix the grated carrot and milk in with the banana mix.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- Create a well in the flour mixture and fold in the wet ingredients.
- Fold in the additional add-ins if desired.
- Distribute the batter into the loaf pan.
- Place in the oven and bake for 50-55 minutes. After about 30 minutes, check the loaf, and if it is not set in the middle, cover the pan with foil so that the outside doesn’t over bake.
- Bake until the loaf is done and check by poking a knife or toothpick in center, if it comes out clean, the loaf is done.
- Allow the bread to cool before slicing and enjoying.
- Store at room temperature for 3-4 days or in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
If you’re looking for even more tasty recipes, keep browsing around Hearty At Home! And don’t forget to share your favorite recipes with your friends, family, and loved ones.
For instance, if you find a recipe you like, pin it to your dinner inspiration board!