Meatless Pasta Sauce
This Meatless Pasta Sauce makes for a vegan-friendly and easy-to-make weeknight spaghetti. We added some extra vegetables to our sauce, but you can get by with just the beyond meat, some onion, and garlic. If you’re vegetarian, top your spaghetti with Parmesan cheese, or if you’re a meat-eater, simply substitute the beyond meat for real ground beef or ground turkey. And if you’re gluten-free, simply substitute for gluten-free pasta.
Serves: 4-5 Time: 45-50 minutes
Meatless Pasta Sauce
- 1 package beyond meat “ground beef”
- x2 8 oz. cans tomato sauce
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1 small zucchini, diced
- 1 small bell pepper, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 12 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 12 oz. spaghetti or pasta (or number of servings to preference)
- 1/2 cup white or bella mushrooms, sliced
- Olive oil
- Black pepper
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- Optional toppings: nutritional yeast, fresh minced basil, or parmesan cheese
- In a small skillet, heat a little bit of olive oil and cook the beyond meat for 6-8 minutes, according to the package. Stir frequently to break up the ground “beef.”
- Once cooked, set aside the beyond meat.
- In a large skillet, heat another splash of olive oil on high heat. Once hot, add in the onion, bell pepper, zucchini, and garlic. Cook for 5-7 minutes or until onions are translucent.
- Add in the oregano, Italian seasoning, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, and mushrooms.
- Combine the beyond meat with the sauce/vegetable mix, stir in well. Reduce heat to low and allow it to simmer for 25-30 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a pot, cook pasta according to packaging. Once cooked, strain the pasta.
- When your sauce has finished simmering, serve with pasta and optional toppings and enjoy!
If you’re looking for even more tasty recipes, keep browsing around Hearty At Home! And don’t forget to share your favorite recipes with your friends, family, and loved ones.
For instance, if you find a recipe you like, pin it to your dinner inspiration board!