Banana Almond Energy Balls are easy to prepare and make for a perfect morning or mid-day snack when you need a boost of nutritious energy. For a gluten-free version, use gluten-free oats, and you may try substituting the almond butter for another nut butter or …
These Homemade Granola Bars are baked and made with all-natural sweeteners. Mix and match the ingredients to modify your dietary needs. The oats can be substituted for gluten-free oats and you can use any nut butter to make the sweet binding agent. These granola bars can be enjoyed in the morning or as a mid-day energizer, perfect for kids and the whole family!
Homemade Granola Bars
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 cup dates or dried figs, diced
- 3 Tbs nut butter
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp all-spice
- 1 Tbs raw pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup raisins or dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts or almonds
- Begin by preheating the oven to 350ºF
- Spread out the oats onto a sheet pan and bake in the oven for 10 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Remove oats from the oven and place in a mixing bowl, optionally mix with cinnamon or all-spice.
- In a saucepan, combine the orange juice, dates or figs, and nut butter. Mix together on medium heat and simmer for 10-12 minutes.
- Transfer the sweetener mixture to a food processor or blender and blend together until thick and sticky.
- Mix the sweetener mixture with the oats and fold in any desired add-ins. Oats should be well covered.
- Then, pour the granola bar mix into an 8×8 inch pan and flatten out evenly with the back of a spoon.
- Place the granola back in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden on top.
- Allow the granola to cool completely before cutting into bars.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 5-6 days.
- Any excess granola crumbles can be saved to use as a topping for yogurt or as a trail snack.
If you’re looking for even more tasty recipes, keep browsing around Hearty At Home! And don’t forget to share your favorite recipes with your friends, family, and loved ones.
For instance, if you find a recipe you like, pin it to your dinner inspiration board!