Sausage Breakfast Hash makes for a delicious weekend breakfast. Take a little extra time to make yourself a well-rounded meal with this recipe! For our version, we made it 100% vegan by using Beyond Sausage but you can use whatever protein product you’d like! Ingredients …
This Creamy Mushroom Kale Pasta is made with a creamy vegan sauce using silken tofu, garlic, and nutritional yeast. If you are wanting to try a non-vegan version, you can substitute the sauce for an Alfredo or this homemade white sauce from Lil’ Luna
Serves: 4-5 Time: 30 minutes
Creamy Mushroom Kale Pasta
For the sauce
- 1 package silken tofu
- 3-4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 shallot, diced
For the pasta
- 1 box penne pasta *can be substituted for gluten-free pasta
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup kale, chopped
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- Olive oil for cooking
- Optional: top with fresh minced basil or parmesan if non-vegan
- In a sauce pan, add a splash of olive oil on high heat. Begin sautéing the garlic and shallot until translucent and fragrant.
- Either transfer the cooked shallot and garlic to a food processor or keep in the pan if using an immersion blender. Whichever way, combine with the tofu, salt, and nutritional yeast and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Return the combined sauce to a sauce pan and cover with a lid (no heat).
- In another pot, begin boiling water for your pasta and prepare according to the packaging.
- In a skillet, heat about a tablespoon of olive oil on high heat and begin sautéing mushrooms. Cook for about 7 minutes on high heat, then add the pasta sauce to the pan and seasonings, stir together for 5 minutes, then reduce heat to low.
- After about 7 more minutes, add the chopped kale to the sauce/mushroom mix and allow it to wilt. Be careful not to overcook the kale, you want the leaves to remain bright green.
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain the water, remove the veggie/sauce mix from the heat and combine it with the pasta. Stir together well.
- Serve and enjoy!
If you’re using a pre-made Alfredo sauce, this recipe is super quick and easy, simply sauté some mushrooms and kale until they are soft, heat up the sauce and serve with pasta.
You may optionally top your pasta with Parmesan or more nutritional yeast.
Finally, if you’re looking for even more tasty recipes, keep browsing around Hearty At Home! And don’t forget to share these recipes with your friends, family, and loved ones.
For instance, if you find a recipe you like, pin it to your dinner inspiration board!
Serves: 2-3 Prep time: 5 minutes Cook time: 12-15 minutes Ingredients 1 can of cannellini beans, drained and rinsed2-3 cups of kale, rinsed, dried & chopped1 cup white mushrooms, sliced1 Tbs apple cider vinegar1 Tbs olive oil1/2 tsp salt & black pepper1 tsp dried oregano1 …
Serves: 4 Prep time: 10 min. Total time: 30 min.
4 salmon fillets
1/2 c. teriyaki sauce
Oil/non-stick spray (to coat pan)
2 Tbs olive oil or sesame oil
Salt and pepper, to taste
Garlic powder and/or ground ginger
2 green onions, chopped
16 oz. green beans, de-stemmed
2 carrots, diced
- Preheat oven to 400°F (or 204°C) and then coat the sheet pan with olive oil or vegetable oil
- Place filets, carrots, and green beans on the sheet, do not layer
- Pour teriyaki sauce over fillets
- Lightly coat vegetables with oil, and season with salt, pepper, garlic, and ginger as desired
- Place pan in the oven and bake for 16-18 minutes* (to check if your fish is fully cooked, poke the fillet with a fork and twist. Cooked fish will break into flakes)
- Remove from the oven, allow to cool.
- Plate and garnish with green onions
If you’re looking to cut down on carbs, this Crustless Veggie Quiche makes for a delicious dish. Whether you’re serving up a hearty brunch or breakfast, give this quiche a try! Ingredients Serves: 6 Prep: 20 min. Total Time: 30 min. Crustless Veggie Quiche 1 …
Serves: 8 Prep time: 20 min. Total time: 35 min. Oven Temp: 400°F Ingredients 4 (6-8 oz.) Chicken breasts 2 c. packed baby spinach, chopped 1 c. plain, low-fat yogurt 1 c. marinated artichoke hearts, drained & chopped 1 tsp. dijon mustard 1/2 tsp. garlic …