Vegetables are bright, colorful, and packed with nutrients our bodies need. But how do we cook them to ensure they’re delicious? And yet, many people have trouble cooking with them. Why should we learn tips on how to cook delicious vegetables.? Traditional recipes typically boil …
Month: August 2020
Here is why you need this kitchen guide: Due to COVID-19, people are spending more time at home. While some restaurants are staying afloat through carry-out and outdoor dining, we cannot solely rely on eating out. However, cooking at home can be intimidating. Even when …
Serves: 4 Prep time: 10 min. Total time: 30 min.
4 salmon fillets
1/2 c. teriyaki sauce
Oil/non-stick spray (to coat pan)
2 Tbs olive oil or sesame oil
Salt and pepper, to taste
Garlic powder and/or ground ginger
2 green onions, chopped
16 oz. green beans, de-stemmed
2 carrots, diced
- Preheat oven to 400°F (or 204°C) and then coat the sheet pan with olive oil or vegetable oil
- Place filets, carrots, and green beans on the sheet, do not layer
- Pour teriyaki sauce over fillets
- Lightly coat vegetables with oil, and season with salt, pepper, garlic, and ginger as desired
- Place pan in the oven and bake for 16-18 minutes* (to check if your fish is fully cooked, poke the fillet with a fork and twist. Cooked fish will break into flakes)
- Remove from the oven, allow to cool.
- Plate and garnish with green onions
If you’re looking to cut down on carbs, this Crustless Veggie Quiche makes for a delicious dish. Whether you’re serving up a hearty brunch or breakfast, give this quiche a try! Ingredients Serves: 6 Prep: 20 min. Total Time: 30 min. Crustless Veggie Quiche 1 …
Cooking with your children can not only make time for quality family bonding, but a kitchen is a great place for kids to learn essential life skills. In cooking and baking, we are faced with language, math, science, and high motor functions. Measuring, reading, and …
This kale pesto is super easy to make and is great for salads, toast, or sandwiches. Try it with our Kale Pesto Pasta recipe! This recipe calls for a food processor (or blender), baking trays, and using the oven. While you can substitute the kale for spinach, the roasted kale brings out a rich flavor.
- 4 cups of kale, rinsed and dried
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and whole
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp raw almonds or pine nuts
- 5-7 fresh basil leaves
- 1 tsp salt & sprinkle of black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (or 176°C)
- Remove kale from stems, rinse, dry, and shred with hands. Spread kale out onto a baking sheet
- Peel garlic cloves and add to a baking sheet
- Mix olive oil over the kale and garlic, incorporating well. Place the baking tray in the oven and bake for about 10-15 minutes or until the kale is just about crispy
- Remove tray from oven and add kale, garlic, almonds (or pine nuts), salt, pepper, and basil to a food processor or blender and blend until it is thoroughly mixed
- Store in a jar in the refrigerator for up to 1 week
Finally, if you’re looking for even more tasty recipes, keep browsing around Hearty At Home! And don’t forget to share these recipes with your friends, family, and loved ones.
For instance, if you find a recipe you like, pin it to your dinner inspiration board!
Serves: 8 Prep time: 20 min. Total time: 35 min. Oven Temp: 400°F Ingredients 4 (6-8 oz.) Chicken breasts 2 c. packed baby spinach, chopped 1 c. plain, low-fat yogurt 1 c. marinated artichoke hearts, drained & chopped 1 tsp. dijon mustard 1/2 tsp. garlic …